Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Commandments of Love

"Know therefore that the Lord your God is God; he is the faithful God, keeping his covenant of love to a thousand generations of those who love him and keep his commandments." - Deuteronomy 7:9

This is the verse that hit me tonight as I read about God's love.  I read through 26 passages in the Bible that highlighted God's love for me.  I came away with two impressions:

  1. God chose me. Not because I was anything special, not because I deserved it, not because I did anything....simply because God loved me.
  2. My response to His love needs to be to obey His commandments.  And what are His commandments?  To LOVE others.
This soun so simple and yet is so hard.  I am so glad to know that God is faithful and keeps His covenant of love, because otherwise all is lost.

#livewonderstruck

No comments:

Post a Comment