Thursday, March 21, 2013

Forgiveness

He was betrayed by those he loved.
He was abused.
He was falsely accused.
He was lied about to his face.
He was hurt.

He could have ran.
He could have fought.
He could have yelled.
He could have rained down fire from heaven.

Yet...
He remained silent.
He didn't meet anger with anger.
He chose to follow a path of love.
He chose to FORGIVE.

Tonight, I am wonderstruck by the forgiveness of Jesus.  In the face of all He went through, the abuse, the lies, the betrayal...He chose to forgive.  He didn't have to, but one of His final words was "Father forgive them, they know not what they do."  He forgave...and he still forgives.

When I chose to take the gifts that God has given me and squander them...He forgives.
When I lie to His face...He forgives.
When I reject Him...He forgives.
When I betray Him...He forgives.

This is love: not that we loved God, but that he loved us 
and sent his Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins.
- 1 John 4:10


#livewonderstruck

No comments:

Post a Comment