Monday, March 18, 2013

Perfect Timing

Today I was wonderstruck by God's perfect timing.  Last week, I finished a course that will allow me to be a Trainer of Trainers in reading.  This morning, I was teaching a strategy on vocabulary that I learned while teaching the course last week.  The lesson went extremely well.  The students were engaged and making real world connections.  I know that when I ask tomorrow and the next day and the next, that they will know the meanings of the words we studied today.

At first I thought of the wonder of God in the learning of the children, but truthfully, that wasn't where God wanted to leave it.  Two hours later, my administrator was discussing the fact that we as a school needed to work on, guess what...teaching vocabulary.  I will be training our teachers next week, and not only do I know how to teach vocabulary now, I also have real examples from the classroom to share.  It couldn't have come together any better.  I am definitely amazed at the way God chose to work.  

Two weeks ago, I would have told you that vocabulary was my weakest area in teaching reading, now it's not my strongest, but I have a passion for teaching vocabulary that I didn't have before.  I know it's a little thing, but I can truly see God's hand at work. 

#livewonderstruck

No comments:

Post a Comment